Module I: What is Disease and how it is different from symptoms?
- Major infectious diseases
- Major lifestyle diseases
- Example of addressing symptoms without curing the underlying diseases
- Importance of treating the symptoms eg in case of COVID-19, cholera etc.
Module II: Basics of immune system
- Innate vs adaptive
- Cellular Immunity vs humoral
- Non-cellular Immunity
- Why is immunity low in modern population?
- Relation between IgE/ mast cells, allergies and nematodes / worms
Module III: Role of nutrition in immunity
- Micronutrients and vitamins
- Balanced diet & Effect of starvation
- Obesity / diabetes and immunity
Module IV: How to boost immunity
- Exercise and diet
- Food, supplements and nutraceuticals
- Balanced physical and mental lifestyle
- How stress adversely affects immunity
Module V: Principles of Traditional Medicine
- Ayurveda & Yoga
- Unani and Siddha
- Chinese Traditional Medicine
- Korean medicine
- Body types in traditional medicine and the modern correlates.
Module VI: Foods for boosting immunity
- Haldi, kalonji, kalimirch, ginger, etc
- Who should consume and who should not
Module VII: Traditional herbs validated by modern methods
- Ashwagandha, Tulsi,
- Who should consume and who shouldn’t
Module VIII: Traditional herbs not validated yet
- Traditional claims
- Benefits and risks
Module IX: How to make your brew
Module X: Caveats
- Not a substitute for a doctor
- Improving immunity is not a cure
- About Congregation of Hope
Sukant Khurana, Ph.D
Luisa Scott, Ph.D
Shruti Awasthi, Ph.D
Tejas M Gupte, Ph.D
Jeru Samuel, Ph.D
Dr. Dipasri Konar
Course Fees: USD 20 | INR 1400
Course Starts: 20 July 2020 onwards
Course Timings: TBD
- The course will be delivered live on Zoom.
- The Zoom link will be emailed to all who sign up.
- Please mute yourselves while the instructor is speaking.
- Recordings will be shared for a limited time on request.
- Further study material will be emailed to all participants.